To add an Advar template:
- Go to the Campaign overview, click Campaigns in the left navigation menu of Adhese.
- Click the campaign for which you want to upload a creative.
- Click the Creatives tab, the Creative overview opens.
- Click the Add Advar button. The New creative screen opens.
Specify the details of the creative under the following headings:
- After you save the creative, Adhese automatically generates an ID.
- Give the creative a meaningful and obvious name in the Name field. A distinct name makes it easy to recognise the creative in the next step when the creative is attached to a booking.
- In the Format field, click the Select format link. The List of formats modal window opens. Select the right format with the correct dimensions from the list and click the Save button.
- The Last updated field denotes when the creative was updated for the last time.
- In the Template field, click the Add advar template link. The List of Advar Templates modal window opens. Choose a template from the list and click the Save button. The accompanying fields (for example the title, the target URL and an image file) of the template become visible and need to be completed to design the ad.
As soon as you create the Advar template, Adhese will check several possible issues. If an error is occurring, the file is not uploaded, and Adhese gives an error notification. If you are convinced that an error notification is not justified, you can ignore it by simply checking the box Ignore errors (only for me) under the Advar template and upload the file again.
You have the option to save the booking by clicking on the Save button. When clicking the arrow next to this button, several saving options become available in a drop-down menu:
|Save and create booking||Saves the current creative and opens a new create booking screen|
|Save and create Flash Creative||Saves the current creative and opens a create Flash Creative screen|
|Save and create Image Creative||Saves the current creative and opens a create Image Creative screen|
|Save and create 3rd party Creative||Saves the current creative and opens a create 3rd party Creative screen|
|Save and create Advar Creative||Saves the current creative and opens a create Advar Creative screen|
|Save and create HTML5 Creative||Saves the current creative and opens a create HTML5 Creative screen|
|Save and go to traffic screen||Saves the current creative and goes to the traffic screen for that creative|
After a format is selected, you can upload the main file of the creative. You have to save the main creative before you can upload the additional creative(s). An additional creative is a variant of the main creative, e.g. images with different dimensions for different platforms. For more information about how to upload additional creatives, refer to Additional creatives.
After the template's details are determined and the template is saved, a visual preview of the creative will appear. Check if there are no errors.
You can switch between the actual size of the creative and its thumbnail. To show the actual size, click the [ show actual size ] link or click the [ show thumbnail ] link to show the thumbnail.
Link to live preview
After the Advar template is completed, you can preview the template in its context. Use this feature to check if there are no errors (see the next paragraph: Checking the URL of the uploaded creative). We recommend checking the live preview in more than one browser. No impression will be taken into account while previewing a creative. For more information about live previewing a creative, refer to Live preview a creative.
A link to the preview will only be available if there is a booked position with the same dimensions as the format.
Checking the URL of the uploaded creative
After you have uploaded and saved the Advar template, the URL of the landings page needs to be verified. To verify the URL:
- Do one of the following:
- Click on the preview of the creative in the Adhese interface,
- Click on the creative in the live-preview mode (see the previous paragraph: Link to live preview).
A new page opens. If the URL is correct, the following message appears:
If the above message does not appear, Adhese does not measure any clicks.
Next, click the link in the message to check if the URL goes to the actual landing page.