To create a new format:
- Click Admin in the left navigation menu. This opens the Administration screen.
- Click Formats. This opens the Formats screen.
For more information about the Formats screen, refer to Formats.
- Click the Create a format button. This opens the Create a new template screen.
- Enter a name in the Name field. Choose a clear and logical name, such as Leaderboard or Interstitial.
Determine whether the format is part of a stack from the Part-of drop-down.A Stack format sends a list of ads to the client (such as a browser) that it can display for the position at that moment. Stack is always a client-specific implementation.
If you choose to deliver multiple campaign bookings at the same time (see Delivery multiples), you have to determine the order of the formats at the web page. In the Trigger Order field, set a number that indicates at what place the format resides within the sequence of formats.
Enter the dimensions of the format in pixels in the Width and Height fields.
You can configure a format to contain up to six images.
- Enter the maximum file size of the format in kiloBytes in the Max size (kB) fields.
- Skip the next property (Add URL?) as it is of no significance anymore.
- In the Tag drop-down:
Select yes if the format is a main format.
Do not forget to enter a code tag in the Code tag field (step 15) as a new tag is necessary for a main format.
Select no if the format is a sub format.
Do not forget to refer to the main format in the Code book field (step 13).
- Select yes or no from the Has completion rate events drop-down to activate video reporting for the new format.
- (Optional) Provide the foreign key of the format in the Code import field to integrate Adhese with an existing, external CRM.
- Enter the name of the tag variable in the Code book field. If the format is a sub format, enter the tag code of the main banner.
(Optional) Provide the Code mdb. The Code mdb is an external code for use in Belgium only.
From the next release, 2.0.33, Adhese will no longer support MDB.
Enter the name of the tag variable in the Code tag field. The code tags itself are usually defined in the setup stage.
A code tag is only necessary if the format is a main format (step 11). For instance, when your main format runs on the BANNER tag, the tag code is BANNER.
(Optional) Provide a key in the Code export field in order to establish a link with an external database.
The following table gives a few examples of how to complete the Code tag and Code book input fields for main and sub formats.
Format name Format type Code tag Code book Leaderboard Main format leaderboard leaderboard Homepage takeover (leaderboard + wallpaper) Sub format leaderboard Medium rectangle Main format rectangle rectangle Large rectangle Sub format rectangle
- Indicate the Type of the format, such as a third party URL or image, SWF file (Flash), video, animated GIF, or text ad. As a format is able to take many forms, you can select more than one type.
- (Optional) Enter a comment in the Comment field.
- Click the Save button beneath the form to save your new format.
You have to save the main format again after you have created a new sub format. For all existing main format positions, there will be positions for the sub format available as well.