To create a new Advar template:
- Go to the Administration screen. Click Admin in the left navigation menu.
- Click Advar templates. The Advar templates screen opens:
For more information about the Advar templates screen, refer to Advar templates.
- Click Create an Advar template. The Create a new Advar template screen opens:
- Enter a name in the Name field. Choose a clear and logical name, such as pp-textad.txt.
Insert the code in the File contents field. This code constitutes the creative's actual content that contains parameters that refer to the properties of an uploaded creative and its files. Refer to the Appendix Parameters for templates and Advar templates for an overview of the available parameters. Here is an example of some pieces of code:
Add inline style attributes to an element to specify the design of the ad.
- multilineText, and
- select (i.e. a list of options).
Here is an example of the corresponding descriptive file of the above Advar template followed by a screenshot of the Advar form in the Adhese interface:The Example for creating new ads from this template field contains the descriptive file and makes it possible to create input fields when using an Advar template file to upload an ad. These input fields become visible when you select an Advar template as a creative. The descriptive file contains a JSON object that defines the different elements available in the template. It will determine how to render the form to the user. It can contain three types of fields:
- Click the Save button.