To create a new location:
- Click Admin in the left navigation menu. This opens the Administration screen.
- Click Locations. This opens the Locations screen.
For more information about the Locations screen, refer to Locations.
- Click the Create a new location button. This opens the Create a new location screen.
- In the Publication drop-down, select the publication to which the location belongs.
- Enter the name of the location in the Name field. Choose a clear and logical name, such as magazine home.
Define the URL for the location in the URL field. The URL should follow the scheme that was agreed upon in the setup process. Please note that the URL needs to be unique, so two locations can never have the same location URL. If you fill in an identical location URL, you cannot save the location and Adhese shows a warning.
To check if a location URL already exists, go to the Admin screen and click Positions. Enter the desired URL in the search bar and click the magnifying glass icon. If the URL is already in use, the results page will list the URL.
It is possible that the results page does not list an existing location URL. This existing URL may belong to an inactive publication. This can be examined via the Download all positions as spreadsheet button. Open the spreadsheet file and investigate whether the existing URL belongs to an inactive publication.
If the location is a channel, the URL will have no effect. Therefore, we recommend to skip this property in case of a channel.
- (Optional) In the Code field, provide the code or foreign key of the location in case Adhese integrates with your existing CRM.
- Decide if the location is a normal position or belongs to a channel by selecting a group level in the Channel drop-down:
- If the location is a separate position, select group level 0.
If the location belongs to a channel, select group level 1 or higher.
The group level sets the priority of a channel and is determined within the database. An example clarifies this concept. Take the following two channels:
- Newspaper [News] Sports Run Of
- Newspaper [News] Sports Football Run Of
Note that the Sports Run Of channel contains all sport positions, including the football positions of the Sports Football Run Of channel. The Sports Football Run Of channel has a higher priority (and, therefore, a lower group level) than the Sports Run Of channel, as the Sports Football Run Of channel contains only the Football positions.
- Click the Save button.