- (Optional) In the External key field, enter an external ID or key if there is a link with an external party or system such as a third-party ad server or invoicing system.
If you wish to upload creatives via the Hotfolder, it is necessary to provide an external key as this key is used to connect a creative with a booking. Each external key must be unique.
- (Optional) Provide a comment in the Comment field.
You can create custom metadata fields to add to a booking. Metadata provides additional information about the booking and makes it easy to compare and benchmark the performance of similar bookings. Besides, metadata gives the possibility to prevent the display of competitive advertisers (for instance two car brands) on the same web page.
To add metadata to a booking, first add a booking property to your Adhese account (restricted to users with Admin rights):
- Go to the Administration screen. Click Admin in the left navigation menu.
- Under General, click Booking properties.
- Enter a name of the booking property in the first (or left) Group field.
- Enter a code or ID for the booking property in the second (or right) Group field. The code can be equivalent to the name of the property.
- Click the Save button.
- Provide the different options of the booking property in the Elements field. Enter a name in the first (or left) field and a code or ID in the second (or right) field.
- Click the Save button. You can now add an additional option to the booking property.
After you have created a booking property, a new section appears in the Header tab of a booking: User Metadata. You can now add a booking property to the booking by choosing an option from the drop-down menu.